Thursday, September 15, 2011

Mooloolabah boat cruise




Wow, can't believe that we have been away for two weeks now, a third of our time away already gone. The weather here on the Sunshine Coast is just magic, I'm getting used to getting up in a tshirt and shorts to start the day.

Yesterday we went down to Mooloolabah, which is about 5kms south of Maroochydore. We took a cruise through the canals and got to learn a little about the history of Mooloolabah, how the canals were originally setup, and see some of the houses of the rich and famous. Not just the houses, some of the boats moored out front are as big as our house!

While we were waiting to go on the cruise, we found a fudge shop that had just about anything you could think of that made kids go hypo. Ange and i got some cookies and cream fudge, and i also got a bag of acid drops. God knows how many kilos are being piled on during this holiday.

We came back to camp for lunch, and Kai had his afternoon sleep. I finished reading my first book of the trip and had a kick of the footy with Ethan.

At about 3pm we all decided that we would bite the bullet and go for a swim. It had been our warmest day so far, and although the water in the pool here is absolutely freezing, we were going to push through it. It took me about 10 mins to actually make the plunge and once my body was completely numb it wasn't so bad.

Had a bbq for tea which was great! We are about 30 metres away from a camp kitchen that nobody else is using, so we have it to ourselves. The kids, Ange and I were all early to bed last night.

The photos attached are from our cruise trip around Mooloolabah.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Saaha, Ethan, Kai, Ange and Justin,
    Looks like you guys are having great fun since we left you at Tweed Heads. Dan and I are having a great time in Darwin, but I'm missing all the fun that we had with you guys... I think my favourite place was white water world (I really want to go there again!!)

    Kai - Dan said he is missing doing 'hot laps' with you! and we were please to hear you found David. You look like you will give Dan a challenge on the golf ball course!

    Ethan - Hope your not stressing to much! your photo's look like you have relaxed and now well into holiday mode! I took Dan to the Darwin Gaol, I did think about leaving him there!

    Sasha - Looks like the boat cruise you did was pretty cool, looks like fun steering the boat. Steve Irwins holiday house looks nice, I wish I had 6M to spend on a place for just 8 nights! We went swimming at a waterfall yesterday and I thought of you.

    Weather is warm in Darwin about 30+ degrees, Stu and Di have a pool so we go for 2-3 swims a day. very relaxing! Hope you guys are well and we'll talk soon
    Love to you all xxxxx

    ReplyDelete